Vernaccia of San Gimignano Wine Tour
- from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
- price: 179,00 € per person
- lunch and tastings included
On this tour we will take you to discover one of the best preserved medieval towns in the world, San Gimignano, recognized by UNESCO as a Cultural Heritage. Along the way we are going to visit the Monteriggioni fortress.
The medieval fortress also functioned as a defense for the Via Francigena, an ancient and religious route used by pilgrims in the Middle Ages.
We will then continue on to a small farm to have a multi-course Tuscan lunch and enjoy a tasting of products that are made on the premises. We will learn about winemaking techniques and will taste great local organic wines.
In the afternoon, we will visit San Gimignano and admire its medieval towers and the breathtaking panoramic view of the surrounding hills.
On the way back, it will be possible to make one further stop at a small winemaker to taste their organic wine.
Number of participants: 2 to 8 people
Meeting Point: Via Romana 41 / 43 R
When: every day, upon reservation
Departure time: 09:30 a.m.
Duration: 8 hours
Price: 179 € per person - from the 4th person 20% discount
NOTE: students under the age of 26 have right to a 10% discount / children under the age of 12 have right to a 50% discount
What is included:
- English/Italian bilingual guide/escort and round-trip transfer (by van or car);
- arrival in Monteriggioni (1h) with optional promenade on the walls and, for the little ones (and those who are kids inside), the possibility to dress up with medieval costumes at the museum;
- visit to a farm, with the chance of experiencing first-hand their productive activity;
- typical Tuscan lunch with locally-produced specialties and great organic wine;
- drive to San Gimignano along a beautiful panoramic road;
- visit to the medieval town of San Gimignano
- a second wine tasting;
- purchase and shipping of products available.
← tour list
IMPORTANT: Please note that Italian law does not permit to serve alcoholic beverages to kids below 16 y.o.: kids below this age will be therefore served non alcoholic beverages. Please notify us in advance about any special dietary or reduced-mobility needs and we'll do our best to meet your needs.
Name must not be empty
Please provide a valid email
Message should not be empty